Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Stumbling Through Multiple Brain Farts


The first day of the long weekend found me plastered on my bed up until noon.  My sister asked, "Did you pull an all-nighter?"

I was definitely up all night --- until first light peeked through the horizon, actually.  But, although the the spirit was more than willing, the body (the mind, specifically) just wasn't.  I wanted to download some of the swirling thoughts that had been waiting to transform into coherent ideas.  But the hours ticked by as I stared blankly at the monitor, struggling with one brain fart after another.  Or, perhaps, it's not brain fart in its strictest sense. My brain was just so full of ideas that I couldn't ride through a train of thought long enough to finish.

It wasn't writer's block.  It was mental constipation!

Frustrated, I took several deep breaths and looked around me.  My room was as cluttered as my brain. A few more deep breaths, and  I shutdown my laptop with a single thought (for a change):  "Clear out the rubbish!"

God sends the perfect aid at just the right time.

This time it came in the wonderful form of a very random no-occasion gift from one of my girlfriends (God bless her!):  a compact manual paper shredder.

This magical shredder gave me the courage to finally work on  the piles of paper that I had been putting off to sort through.  My excuse:  "There are confidential stuff I will need to shred and I don't have a shredder."  Well ... TADA!


After clearing off a mountain of paper (there's another smaller mound of it I have to face some time soon), I got to sort through some clothes and bags as well.  I finished with a box and 3 big garbage bags of paper, clothes and bags for recycling and garage sale/donation.

Amidst all these, a twin soul reminded me, "If you want to find peace, fix your things." I couldn't agree more.  Reasonably uncluttered, my brain unclogged and I conquered some brain farts, which translated into a few rough-on-the-edges-but-tolerably-acceptable literary works.

Glorious release, finally!


No comments: