Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

Bigger Bear Series: Delays are Blessings in Disguise

Whenever my heart is troubled or my brain starts working on hyper mode, I have but one solution:  Go to Mass.  Maybe two.  I go to the Blessed Sacrament as well.

From the beginning of this week it was not just troubled heart or hyper brain. It was troubled heart AND hyper brain.  I was officially petrified (like Ginny Weasley petrified in front of a basilisk) and my defenses naturally whisked me into my internal Panic Room.

So, I had to go to Mass.

But, first, I was hungry.  I looked over at my sister, busily working on her laptop beside me and said, "Want to grab merienda with me?"  She wanted a burger, a McDonald's burger.  So, the plan was for us to go to McDonald's and then I'll drop them back home before I go to Mass.

On our way out, we were detained by the mother.  As a result, I had no choice but to take them with me to Mass. When we entered the church, we noticed that the place was abuzz with much activity.  At the entrance stood, not one, but ten (10!) priests.  It was our parish priest's birthday celebration and he was concelebrating with his priest friends.

The homily was a witnessing to our parish priest's life of service and love.  But it was organized and articulated in a way that makes it relevant to everyone.

My sister, A and I were immensely blessed by it.  I was happy that I got to attend the Mass with two important people in my life.  And all because we were kept at home longer by our mom.

No comments: