Search This Blog

Sunday, October 07, 2018

Poetic Doses: 257 to 266

#RayaBlabbers #365DaysofPoetry

257

"Here comes the storm,"
The little one said.
The wise one looked up and,
surveying the horizon, said,
"Storms are not always enemies.
Make friends with the wind.
Be at peace with the water.
Then adjust your sails."
And the little one said,
Eyes wide in fear,
"Oh, but must we wait for the storm?
Let us sail away now."


258

The raging storm outside
Cannot silence the storm within;
Once manifest, it shall
Raze to the ground all in its way;
Beware the one who stands in my way
When I awaken from this long stupor.


Yao Sampana
259

Maybe
If I found a way
For you to feel
My caress

(Maybe tomorrow you'll feel it too)

Maybe
You'll find a reason
To stay
This time.






260

When will this end
This encessant raging;
Agitated and restless
Yet unable to move;
Forced to wait (patiently)
Upon an invisible (unyielding) hand.


Cesar Conde
261

He lay there exhausted
Catching his breath;
Remotely aware of the throbbing
From the wounds he nurse;
A whisper of a smile
Weak, but ready to burst;
He will wear these scars
Proud;
Tell the stories
In song and dance
Of where he has been
And how much he loved.





262

On days filled with
Jumping hurdles and
Grazing rings of fire;
I am grateful for the blessings
Of last-minute cancelled meetings
And the extra brain/s of friend/s.


Mark "Elias Kidlat" Copino
263

We used to look good together;
I loved the way I fit perfectly in you;
And I still miss the way you felt on me;
But I have become too much for you;
While I have outgrown you.
Finally.











264

And, then, it hit her
How suddenly tired she was
Of holding the universe together,
Pulsating and expanding,
As she withered silently
Yet elegantly into oblivion.


Justin Mayor
265

Let me sail away into the sunset
When day turns into night
And the colors of the sun shall have exploded
With the intensity and complexity of my love
Unbridled yet completely yours
Eternally wandering away
   from the home I carry in my heart.










266

Find me under clear blue skies
And amidst dark stormy nights
When all else is uncertain
I am and I'll be there.




No comments: