Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Poetic Doses: 346 to 360

#365DaysOfPoetry #RayaBlabbers

346

Like a moth
stubborn
foolishly
courting the flame
and repeatedly dying
in its unforgiving embrace;
I have died
repeatedly
and a little bit more
in your meaningless
and thoughtless embrace.


347

I choose to believe
That in a remote corner of your universe
Is my name written in its stars;
That in your own fashion
You once (or do) loved me.


348

Just Breathe

Not proud
Nor stubborn
Merely weary
Barely breathing
From the endless cycle
Of forwards and backwards
Of coming alive and dying
All over again.


349

In this absolute blackness
The stars came, blanketed over me;
Prodding me to send my signal light
And, with it, the echoes of my heart.


350

I looked up and there she was
My Morning Star
And suddenly the vastness
Was no longer a void
But a sky full of stars
And a shower of fresh wishes.


351

Cheshire cat moon
Grinning at a secret or two
I hope someday soon
To laugh at the joke too.


352

Come
Reach for me
Let us dance
To our hearts' beating
That with each sway
And caress
Our souls burst forth
To life.

(Not dead, just waiting)


353

He realized that all he needed to do was lift his hands;
And there he was, touching the Sun!


354

Christmas is for every child, young and old.
May you always see with the eyes of a child;
and may you never cease finding the wonder in all things.


355

After all the fireworks
All that remains is smoke.


356

In the overall scheme of things, we are tiny and fleeting;
Yet never without consequence or meaning.
One life made better or a singular moment of selfless act
Shall make our minute life worthwhile.


357

I imagine it must have been a night just like this;
Away from the hustle and bustle of the city;
Under a blanket of stars, amidst sheep;
Joseph and Mary finally found a place to rest.

I understand now why He chose to be born there.


358

In her heart she must have known;
And, yet, this joy was so profound, so complete,
That the accompanying agony was worth it all.

***

Round and round this roundabout
So many choices, so many turns;
Somebody tell me which exit to take,


359

My heart overflows with the magnitude of Your love;
And look forward to the promise of the new day,
Knowing that tonight I rest in You.


360

I do not see You
And, yet, You are all around me.

You hear my silent cry amidst the clamor;
See the beauty in my ordinariness;
And sing my lonely away.

I do not see You
And, yet, only You love me completely.


No comments: