Search This Blog

Monday, March 02, 2020

Namaste: Chasing New Dreams

Art by Inadoodles on Instagram
Beauty is a colleague-turned-friend with whom I had the opportunity to spend time during my last business trip.  While we have had several business trips together, it was the first time I had her all to myself.  And, boy, did she open up so radiantly when devoid of all inhibitions and expectations.

Beyond the beautiful face, her Math smarts and her sharp wit, she is one of the kindest most sensitive souls I have known.  I never would have thought that we shared the same interest for psychology, particularly early child development and special needs, until this trip. We talked about our discoveries on how childhood events and interactions shape the persons we grow up into; and how we can proactively help ourselves to heal, forgive and grow from our painful pasts.

From these conversations I glimpsed how sensitive she is to everyone around her, especially to people she loves. Her face lit up with so much love when she talked about her husband, her sister's kids and the rest of her family. And she bubbled over with excitement at the new dreams and hopes she has for her family.  I can't help but hope and pray for her success in chasing these new dreams and reaching new personal heights (and highs).



No comments: