Search This Blog

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Poetic Doses: Month 1 without my Rainbow Prince

Bangle from Aika and Em


I do not fear darkness
Nor shadows that creep;
I fear the silence;
The throbbing absence.

***

Oh, for even just the briefest moment
Take me back to that one day
When my heart was sure and at peace
The day you came home to me.

***

I am tempest
I am storm
I wield fire with my rod
I will not be calm
I shall rage
Until you fathom the depths of
My pain.

***

Time is circular
Your life beginning
Where we must end
In an eternal dance

I love you

Never
Forever
Always.

***

For what is death
If it meant
A moment
In her embrace?

***

Waiting?
Or searching?
I do not know anymore;
But I am rooted where I stand
Until I find the courage
Until I am compelled 
   to finally move.

***

Mary, Mary, not so merry
Her poppin' heart popped into smitherins.

***

As the world sleeps, I stay awake
After his whirlwind, a vacuum in his wake

Dreams of walking with giants and finding his niche
All flew with the wind, at the bud nipped

Hiding for days, up upon a cloud not near or far
This will take more than a spoonful of sugar.

***

These days I carry you with me
with
A lump in my throat
A knot in my stomach
And a boulder on my chest.

***
Art by:  Melissa Villasenor

My Little Prince
Star of my galaxy
My life's heartbeat
Reason for being

Keep strutting my way

My Jedi Guardian
Sweet angel over my shoulder.

***
Art by:  Chris Riddell

Before dawn's break
She came
And carrying him upon her bosom
Flew home towards the Sun.

***
Art by:  Chris Riddell

I feel its tug under the current
I close my eyes in surrender
And then I hear a thousand whispers
Prayers echoing in the darkness
Until the lightness embraced me
And I emerged just above these high waters.

***

Chasing Stars (v2)

darkness engulfs the vast sky
just moments after the sun's parade;
and it grows with every heartbeat
until the emptiness seems absolute;
the pain, wrenching,
from a beloved irrevocably lost;
then, with a blink, pinpricks of light ---
they appear in silent succession;
the constricting darkness gives way to
a boundless bejeweled sky;
and I --- I fall into its quiet embrace
of endless possibilities;
this is where I will remain,
embracing the darkness, chasing stars;
as I await the promise
of my inevitable new dawn.

***
Art by:  Chris Riddell

Take me here sometime
Halfway between
where you are
and where I am.
I promise I will laugh

at your every silly antic
If you promise to hold me
when the sobs bubble up.

***
Art by:  Chris Riddell

Without you ...

The same world
Just devoid of color
And a sky
perpetually heavy with rain clouds.

Taken from Internet



No comments: