Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Bigger Bear Series: Taut and Counting Blessings

I saw this post on FB.
That's where I am right now, with everything coming at me from every aspect and facet of my life.  I feel pretty TAUT.  And it's an understatement ... so I screamed ... at least, my eyes did.

A didn't get all his Math exercises perfectly.  We covered only lesson 7, when the target was to cover up until Lesson 8.  He finished at 6:30 pm vs. 3:30 pm - so he could do some Art worksheets as destress activity.  No.  Things definitely didn't go as planned today.

BUT.

  • He gave me a big, strong, solid hug when I needed it the most.
  • He whispered, "I will make it better for you, Mom.  I promise."  And he did.
  • He brought in little G, saying, "Mom, look who's here; who can always make you smile."
  • He rallied my sisters, who took time out of their busy schedules to just let me rant.  I realized, I had been trying extra hard to keep a strong front, balancing everything because I didn't want to trouble others on the consequences of my decisions.  I forget that ranting and airing things out help a lot.  It does not always give me an epiphany, but articulating the frustrations somehow feels like unloading for awhile.
  • "I will finish #9 and #10 by myself and I'll do it right." And he did.
When I stopped to refocus my heart's looking glass, I saw a lot more.
  • Papa cooked Kare-Kare.
  • Somebody brought a lusciously sweet giant grapefruit.  I'm betting it's from Davao!
  • I can stand-up and do a little walking ... towards the refrigerator ... for:
  • Yummy home-made ice-cream from my bestfriend
  • Dark chocolates and choc-nut
  • My sister assigned me to color the fox couple she doodled.  We both like foxes.  Foxes, especially red foxes, are elegant monogamous / faithful creatures.
  • I am halfway thru Ransom Riggs' "Library of Souls" - a very good motivation to finish work quickly.
  • My team had a very good review with our Global F&A sponsor.
  • A teammate told a pushy internal customer who 'escalated', "She is "the man".  If anyone can get it done fastest, it's her." (Chill!)
  • Both my teams are awesome!
  • Adele is releasing a new album.  And it's a "make-up" (with herself), sort of self-healing journey kind of album.
  • My sister came in with my replacement personalized bookmark (I lost the original).  Finally!

Then I resume my stance and I brace myself for the inevitable exhilarating release.


No comments: