Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2015

Poetic Doses

(For Minnie.  Happy birthday, Mommy! My oracle, my kindred soul ... my life was blessed the moment you were born.  I love you!)

The Wanderer
By:  Lang Leav

What is she like?
                I am told ---
                she is a
                melancholy soul.

She is like
                the sun to night;
                a momentary gold.

A star when dimmed
                by dawning light;
                the flicker of
                a candle blown.

A lonely kite
                lost in flight ---
                someone once
                had flown.


My Oracle

You come always
In the deepest of nights
Quietly
Gently

With hardly a show
A mere breath
A singular line
Wisdom

All at once
Thought-provoking
Heart-warming
Heartbreaking

Then leave
As suddenly as you came
A rogue wind
Unsettling

I am lost
I am found
I am loved
I love ... always.

No comments: