Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Bigger Bear Series: Perfectly Unplanned Gift

It was my son's birthday last week.  Annually, we celebrate his birthday by going on a beach holiday. This year was no different.

The flight back from our holiday weekend landed on his very birthday.  We didn't plan it that way, but we thought it was just as well since we wanted to go to Mass.

At the church, my sister walked ahead of us, so that she could fall in line for the confession.  It was a good thing she did not wait for us, since she was able to secure the final two slots for her and my son.

My son had always wanted to be part of the May flower offerings to Mama Mary after Mass, but we always forgot to buy flowers.  But because I had issues with my door, requiring my son to open it for me, we walked into the church in time for one of the mother butlers to hand us a rose each - for the May flower offerings to Mary!

The Gospel and the homily suited my son perfectly as well that we talked about it in the car on the way to dinner.  Without a doubt, God and Mama Mary orchestrated this perfectly "unplanned" Mass gift for my son ... and we feel immensely grateful and blessed!

No comments: