Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2016

As I Color The "Don't Control Your Lines & Colors" Doodle by Teektura

I started this project 20 days ago, deciding to follow exactly what the doodle piece said, "Don't control your lines and colors.  Let them be."

I quickly realized it would be a challenge.

10 minutes later, I was still staring at the page, trying to make sense of the entire picture and nowhere near deciphering it.  Needless to say, I had not laid a single color on the page.

Pathetic.

So, mustering all my courage, I picked up the color yellow ... because I could make sense that the "Y" was a pencil. And, after some self-talk, I tried to just pick up any pencil and color away.

But, then, a part of me still needed a general direction or vision; a meaning to it all.  I can't just roll with it aimlessly.

Perhaps it's personality.  Who knows.  Anyway ...

I thought, there's no logic to the entire picture, so I started making sense of some small sections and defining the others.  I derived fulfillment completing those sections, one after the other.  The next thing I knew, I had colored most of the distinguishable doodles on the page.

I straightened up and, then, I finally saw an overall picture (which I won't reveal. hehe!).  I was happy with it.  I knew then how to complete it.  And I excitedly proceeded to execute.

While working on the finishing touches, I found out that I cannot completely stick to how I envisioned to finish it.  I had to make some "artistic" judgement calls.

But, when I was finished, I was very happy with the outcome.  It turned out really nice! (Note: Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you don't need to agree with me).

Life, I guess, is pretty much the same way.  Nobody really knows the full picture. Small sections of it are revealed to us as we move through life and we do our best to live those sections in vibrant color.  At times, there are sections that just don't make sense.  It is up to us to define those sections and bring out the best colors and images possible.

Then, later on, we will see how wonderfully all these small sections come together into a beautiful and meaningful montage.

The key is not to over-analyze and petrify yourself. Just get started.  Then allow things to unfold in their own pace and reveal themselves in their own time.

It will all come together.

And it will be a breathtaking piece.  Promise.



No comments: