Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Poetic Dose: Secret Room




I was decompressing over doodles and colored pens.  And then it came.  First, the music ... and then a flood of emotions.  I sat up, listening to the music and waited for the flood to subside ... just enough to filter through the emotions and string them together into the closest semblance of coherence.  The final product does not do justice.

But I thank you for letting me into your secret room.  I am irrevocably and wonderfully changed.

Secret Room

it comes in waves ---
sometimes a sudden onslaught 
at times, a gentle wash
but always, always ... slowly ebbing.
it comes in crowded rooms
amidst boisterous laughter; senseless chatter.
it comes in beautiful sunsets
settling heavily at dusk.
it comes in the familiar 
the whisper of a shadow.
it comes in the unfamiliar 
the dream of a hand upon my shoulder.
and, mostly, it comes in solitude
in my secret room
where i search for you,
scream - in silence - for you
for just one last dance
one last embrace
for just one last kiss on my forehead 
...
just one.

No comments: