Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Bigger Bear Series: He Finds You


I guess it's true what they say, the first day/month of the year basically dictates how the rest of the year would turn out.  This year started out with a business trip for me and I had been flying every month since.  Between the trips, A's school work, family/friends and the rest of my work, I didn't have much time to slow down and squeeze in some Lenten spiritual exercises.

The next thing I knew, it was the week before Holy Week and I was in Costa Rica. The most optimal flight schedule allowed me a weekend breather in the country after the hectic week.  I took the opportunity to spend time with a dear friend who lived there.  I was supposed to drive out with her to their farm on Friday, but my meetings ran over; so, I spent another night at the hotel.

As there was no rush to go to the farm, I spent the morning visiting two nearby churches. Incidentally, the two churches where the driver (who spoke no English at all!) took me were dedicated to two of my patrons:  San Raphael and Santa Ana.  What are the odds!

I was able to spend some good quiet time in both churches and I experienced a resurgence of the spirit.  It doesn't matter where you are, He finds you.

I realized how much I missed these quiet moments, that I visited the Blessed Sacrament everyday and attended Mass whenever I could since I came back.  It feels good to be found again.

Somebody Loved
By:  The Weepies

Now my feet turn the corner back home
Sun turns the evening to rose
Stars turning high up above
You turn me into somebody loved



No comments: