Search This Blog

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Prayer Before Mass

Come, Holy Spirit, I pray.  Prepare my body, mind, heart and soul to celebrate Jesus' love and sacrifice in the Holy Mass.

May I be physically disposed to attend the Mass, sufficiently comfortable or uncomfortable, as You see fit. May I find myself in a part of the Church where I can fully appreciate and take part in the celebration.  If my EQ (emotional quotient) is particularly low, please guide me to a place with the least distractions.
May my mind be open and my heart even wider to receive your special message and lesson for me today.  And may I be cognizant of it, whether it comes from the priest or other people in attendance --- like finding easter eggs in a vast garden.
May my heart be generous in recognizing, that I belong to the universal church made up of imperfect people with an even more imperfect leadership, each one with their own unique struggles in their journey of faith. May I have a heart willing to forgive when their struggles impact mine and, in turn, may I have the humility to forgive myself for my own shortcomings.
May I always maintain a grateful heart for having been accepted into the Church without a need for a spiritual IQ test.
Lastly, may my soul be properly disposed to receive the graces and blessings this highest form of prayer offers.  May I recognize, that, more than anything, the Holy Mass is a celebration of Jesus' gift of Easter.  May my heart remain full, knowing the debt that was paid through and trusting in the promise of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.

I ask this, with Mary my Mother and Joseph, my foster father.

Amen.

No comments: