Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Poetic Dose: 119 to 128

#365daysofpoetry Days 119 to 128
#autism #inclusion #adhd

Art by Faye Villanueva "spatialchild" on IG

Kuya,
Take me with you
To distant lands of your imagining;
Where heroes roam fields, mountains and seas
Saving villages from fearsome menaces.

Take me with you
To distant lands of your imagining;
Where the sky and sea are the same bright blue
And the air is mingled with flowers and tangerine.

Take me with you
To distant lands of your imagining;
Where it is everywhere
And just anywhere away from here.


At Barcino Wine and Restaurant
She is sangria
Elegant and graceful as wineglass;
Aged as vintage wine;
Smooth and strong as run;
Beautifully complex yet perfectly blended
as the array of fruits in the mixture.















At Barcino Wine and Restaurant
Of tipsy days and nights
When all is unfiltered
And honesty is a by-product
Of tired hearts and restless dreams.

Tipsy calls
And fantasies
When you know only my name
And respond to my touch alone.

Find me in the secret chambers of your heart
And come home
Sober
To my open waiting arms.







Art by:  Faye Villanueva "spatialchild" on IG
For no matter where
Or how far you roam
In spirit, I will be there
Through calm or storm.

















Art by:  Felix Hidalgo
You, to me, are a masterpiece
As art from the hands of Magritte;
Moments chanced by when you tip your hat
For a brief and often meaningless chat;
I wonder if you, somehow, know
How you make my heart skip so.














At Club Balai Isabel
Finding my quiet
Smoothing the ruffled
When opportunity knocks
Grab with both hands.
















Art by:  Hersley Casero

In her smile is his present
A box to seal the stubborn past
Of deep thoughts and shallow waters
And vivid dreams of a bleak future.
















Art by:  Ina Nolasco "inadoodles" on IG
For you are a Star
Meant to shine in the dark;
May the box of society
be wide open and accepting;
But beware it does
Not
Constrain your light
Nor restrict your flight.













Art by: Jef Cablog

For I am an outsider
A stranger in my own country;
Unable to decipher cryptic messages,
So plain for everyone else;
Unable to speak my truth,
So clear in my own mind;
Unable to show my love,
So real it overwhelms me;
Unable to feel your love,
So obscure in my crowded galaxy.


Art by:  Migs Villanueva "artisteditions" on IG


Oh! To teach our children
Always

Kindness above all else
Regardless and despite all else;
To find joy in giving joy
And in the simple things;
To see beauty in all things
Visible and, moreso, the invisible.

That in being kind to others
They might learn to be kind(er) to themselves.











No comments: