Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Poetic Doses: 129 to 142

#365daysofpoetry Days 129 to 142
#autism #adhd #inclusion #mentalhealth #timesupnow

Art By:  HersleyCasero on IG

I will never fully comprehend
This beautiful complex mind
The colors and depth of its universe
Nor the textures of its various emotions
But my heart continues to reach inside
And my arms remain a safe haven.













Art By: hoche_art on IG



My love for you is a slow gentle burn;
unhurried, yet certain and absolute.


Sculpture by: Ferdie Cacnio

Oh! The stuff
Dreams are made of
The most hidden
Hopes, fears and wishes
Hauntings from the past
The chaos of the present
And uncertainties the future holds.
Then there is you
The dreams converging into
Mostly you
The mystery and the promise
Of you
And me
And us.



Sculpture By: _poemery_ on IG

Oh! If I could
Carry you always
Safe within my wings
Sheltered from the storms.
I would carry you
Tirelessly
Through glorious sunrises
Into the bosom of sunsets.
But I know
There is no better gift
Than to teach you
What your wings can do
And to tell tales of distant lands
Where your wings can take you.










Book highlight from "Mr. Browne's Precepts";
a quote from Sir Thomas Browne
I traveled far and wide
Yet found not what I sought;
Then I traveled deep within
And found what I sought and more.






















Art By: Inadoodles


And she [he] is my true Giving Tree
Always giving, never taking
Always forgiving, never forsaking.


(Happy Mother's Day to all mothers and everyone [in any form] who play the part!
Your presence, sacrifices and your endless and boundless wellspring of Love 
keep this crazy world from falling apart.)




Today there were
No surprises
Nor special occasions;
No time for sunrises
Nor a glimpse of the sunset;
Yet today,
In its ordinariness,
Was an ode to life
From chores done lovingly;
Was joy brimming
From unspectacular moments of togetherness.









Art by: Rovi Salegumba

Every night I dream of you
And you
You
And just you;
In many faces
And various forms
Yet just one
Only you;
And even though I hold you close
For however long I can
Morning comes and Night departs
The memory along with it;
And I awake
No closer to uncovering you.






Art by: _gilbutt on IG

To, one day, not care
What others will say;
And always choose right (or kind)
Visibly or out of sight;
To see my true worth
Claimed His from birth;
And my small change start
To boldly light up the dark.












Art by: Justine Florentino


Perhaps someday my heart
will burst (or break once more);
But, for now, I guard it fiercely,
tucked away safely from harm's way (and free).
















Photo by: Elmer Borlongan

Within the security
Of my trusty hoody
I find solace
In my isolation
Shielded against the cold
Of an unforgiving world
Slipping in and out
Unnoticed and unloved.


Art by:  Migs Villanueva


Stop right there, mister
You shan't pass me and my sister
Beyond this magical door
An amazing treasure store
Meant only for the noblest of all
Our tickle monster great and tall!



Art by:  Illiv8.ten on IG


And she rose from her stupor
As glorious as the sun
Born from the ashes of ancestors
From a land that screams justice
The time has come
To lay claim on her birthright.













Art by:  mister_sasquatch on IG

Your heart is restless
So fly away free
But soon you will see
I carry you home with me
For I have lent you my love
That one day you'll fly it back to me.







No comments: