Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Poetic Doses: 177 to 186

#RayaBlabbers #365daysofpoetry
(These come with some nice photos in my IG account  @lightbulbs_heartstrings)


Photo by:  Shaira Luna on IG
177

Looked up at the sky
In search of a falling star
To catch its magic
Between the palm of my hands
But all I found were dead stars
Floating, alone in a sky full and vast.

178

Foolish one,
Best bite your tongue
Lest in your haste
This heart you betray.

179

And after all these years
The sighs and the tears
It remains a mystery
Or a truth I refuse to see.

180

My weary heart longs for a home to call its own.

181

A shower of beautiful stars falling all around me
As I wish for the one that will fall into me.

182 

Can't wait to be home
Been lost for too long.

***

My heart craves to be 
In the arms of one who loves me.

***

She waited
Until her spirit waned
And her heart retreated.

183

He stared out at the horizon
While I sat staring at his back.

***

And I continue to wait
For a return or a coming.

184

My heart, broken a thousand times over;
I long for that day, when it is finally (truly) sober!

185

"I love you," she said,
And then walked away;
For as her heart was tormented by the burden of her secret,
so also did her mind fear his inevitable response;
She knew his truth
As much as she knew hers.

186

Pity me, pity you
When there is no me
In the universe of you.




No comments: