Search This Blog

Thursday, August 02, 2018

Poetic Doses: 197 to 206

#RayaBlabbers #365DaysOfPoetry

197

Free will is a gift
that should not be wasted.
There is power
in its exercise;
To welcome grace
and rid oneself of unnecessary burden.

198

Powerless against this endless pouring rain;
Drenched on a love I cannot reciprocate.

199
Art by Inadoodles on IG

Ipinagluluksa ko
Ang aking bayan;
Aking Inang mahal,
Patuloy, paulit-ulit na
Niloloko
Pinagsasamantalahan
Ipinuputa
Ng mga taong dapat ay
Sa kanya'y
Nagmamahal
Kumakalinga
Tumataguyod.

200

Ipinagluluksa ko
Ang kanyang mga anak;
Aking mga kapatid na
Patuloy na pinapatay ang
Katawan
Isipan
Maging kaluluwa
Ng mga taong dapat ay
Sa kanila'y
Nagmamahal
Kumakalinga
Tumataguyod.

201

Drink one:  to calm the nerves
Drink two:  to loosen the tongue
Drink three:  for some bravery
Frink four:  for bottled honesty
And then finally there comes
Drink five:  to mercifully forget it all.

202

In plain sight of prying eyes
and walls with ears
The secret grew
in grace and beauty
A love
unplanned and improbable
Between the hidden you
and the timid me.

203

Just stay in my arms please
Where your heart knows peace.

204

I bow down before You
And lay myself upon Your feet.
I have come to surrender
my racing mind,
my weary heart
and my troubled spirit;
That in Your hands
I might be still
and renewed.


Photo by:  Ryan Berza on IG

205

Right here
With stars above and below
All I needed from you
Was to ask.







206

Tread carefully.
You stand within the sanctuary of my soul.
Here lies
The edifice of my life,
Built upon memories
Of joy and pain
Of tenderness and strain;
Piled one on top of the other;
An intricately beautiful
Fragile
Unfinished
Mess.

Photo by:  Ryan Berza on IG

No comments: