Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Little Prince - Part 2 (Sing the Song You Keep Inside)


Do you remember the games you played as a child?  I remember playing pretend with my dolls, siblings, cousins or friends.  Those were fun times, when I could be anything I wanted ... and most anything was possible.  "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite".

And then "I have had to grow old" and became "concerned with matters of consequence."  I saw myself in the army of grey people walking around the city mechanically, functioning as designed, but devoid of life or purpose.

"Growing up is not the problem.  Forgetting is." I had forgotten the dreams I dreamed, the song I kept inside me.  I did so the minute I found it a waste of time to ponder the stars - "Little golden objects that set lazy men to idle dreaming."  Instead I worked at becoming successful - by society's standards.
"And what good does it do you to own the stars?"  What, indeed?  I can't remember why or when it had become so important.

Those dreams I had forgotten ... I realize, they are 'ephemeral' - that 'which is in danger of speedy disappearance.' I had set them aside too long, and for what?

When dreams die, that's when it feels like the very life is sucked out of you.  You plunge into the monotonous drone of daily life in the same way a zombie walks.

"Only the children know what they are looking for."

In a sense, re-reading "The Little Prince" and watching the movie (and going to the 9-day Misa De Gallo) saved me.  "Yet through the silence something throbs and gleams ..." These brought back the right perspective. I had to take the journey back to being a child, brimming with hope that comes only from staunch faith in a God who loves faithfully.

Faith that enables us to take that leap ... when the time is right.  Yes.  I believe all of these had been orchestrated meticulously to prod me towards the right direction at the perfect time.  "When you need it most, help will come."

" I’m not hopeless. I’m hopeful.  That’s right. I’m full of hope.  I love a rose and she loves me."  

And I'm going back to her and tend to her faithfully.

Turnaround

Far, happiness isn't far
Not far from where you are
Watching your life go by

Now, why don't you sing out loud
To the tune you keep inside?


Turn around and put your pen down
Turn around, your feet off the ground
Turn around, and your head in the clouds


Hi, don't say hello, say hi
Hi to a higher sky
Hi to a higher ground


No comments: