Search This Blog

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Bible Verse Challenge: Verse 3 - Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

"1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal;

a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 a time to seek, and a time to lose;

a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 a time to rend, and a time to sew;

a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace" 

 A major source of stress for me is the timeline I've set for myself.  This, despite the fact that I know I have absolutely no control over all the factors that impact my life --- especially the persons I walked with along Life's different roads. I push and push, sometimes rushing head-on into something, totally unmindful of the tiny screaming voice inside my head that says, "stop!"  The result is:  I "fail" inevitably, reeling in "pain", immensely frustrated.

Sometimes, the best thing to do is NOTHING; to STOP ... and just let the current of God's will take you to where and when you ought to be.

"Trust your story." (Neil Gaiman, Instructions)

When the moment is right, it will be.  It will all just click into place, like perfect pieces of a puzzle - sometimes like Swiss clockwork even! And it will feel RIGHT.

So ... just relax and trust in God's timing.



No comments: