Search This Blog

Monday, May 04, 2015

Bible Verse Challenge: Verse 4 - Habakkuk 2:2-3

"Then Yahweh answered me and said, "Write down the vision, inscribe it on tablets so it can be easily read, since this is a vision for an appointed time; it will not fail but will be fulfilled in due time.  If it delays, wait for it, for it will come and it will not be deferred."

This was a reading during our community's prayer meeting in October 2013, led by Shep Paul and JP - two people who had always served as God's mouthpiece for my soul. That is why, although I had been on hiatus, I crawled out of my cave and joined the assembly.

That night, there were three visions.  My heart's deepest desires, that make up the story God had planted in my heart, resurfaced and burned my soul back into life. You see, I knew about these two years prior (Holy Week 2011) and had started growing weary and doubting their fulfillment.  Time sometimes makes you second guess the authenticity of previous events and promises.

It's been almost two years from then and, although it's taking some time, I am slowly seeing those visions come to form.  I am no longer just waiting for them. I am watching them unfold, slowly and beautifully ... like a child watching, breathlessly, a flower about to burst into full bloom.




No comments: