Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Poetic Doses

"Run!", she screamed
I knew that she was right
And I knew that I should have
But I didn't
Although I could have
So, now, I have.

****

"Where are you off to?"  I asked.
"To the secret rooms of my mind," she replied, not looking back.
I had not seen nor heard from her since.
But she sent me these.
One day, I will find her and disappear with her.

****

It was there that I found her,
Underneath the lone light;
Deliriously chasing colors,
That tumbled from her mind.

****

But Time, I find, has no power here.

****

Finally, she leaned back, admiring her work.
"A masterpiece takes time, commitment, and a lot of heart," she said.
"Sounds like love," I said.
She shook her head,
"These days, hearts change faster than a masterpiece is finished.
Forever is a commodity used only as a pretty word in poetry."
I wanted to say, I have loved her forever,
but she was already staring out the window;
once again, lost in her own world.

****

And for the first time
She is able to see him
Differently
A smile tugging at her lips

And for the first time
He is able to study her face
Openly
A change from sidelong glances

And for the first time
They are face to face
Intimately
A palpable thrill between them

And for the first time
The point does not matter
Remotely
As they gave in to the kiss.

****

She walked briskly
Always rushing
He caught her eye briefly
A slight pause
Both shared furtively
Unspoken volumes
   in a glance
   and a smile.


No comments: