Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

Poetic Dose: The Future is Female

#365daysofpoetry Days 108 and 109

In my latest business trip to the US, I stayed at 21C Museum Hotel where they featured all-female artists exhibit entitled, "The Future is Female".  Below are a couple of my favorite pieces.

Part of "Return to Camp" by Fay Ku (Taiwanese)
From "The Future is Female" exhibit at 21C Museum Hotel

Let us march forward, you and I
Left, right, left, right.
With you beside me ... or behind
I can do everything conceived in my mind.
You and I, we can go high
Beyond the perceived limits of the sky.
There is no fear; no reason to hide
When you believe in my light and you are mine.



Art By street artist Swoon
From "The Future is Female" exhibit at 21C Museum Hotel

No, no.  I am not dull. 
Merely pensive (or bored)
In the mile you have spoken
Within the span of a minute
I have gone through
Every detail, facet and possibility.
And on that brief moment
When you catch your breath,
I only need a line or two
To break your mile.


No comments: