Search This Blog

Monday, January 29, 2018

Poetic Dose: Mayari / Home / Tomorrow

#365daysofpoetry Days 26, 27 & 28


Art by:  LittlestPersimmon

Mayari

Keeper of the night lamp
Lay me down to rest
Against your safe bosom
Hush this desperately tired mind
Breathe gentile life upon this weary body
That tomorrow shall find me
Renewed and ready for its challenges.













Dream Tonight by Paul Hilario

HOME

But for tonight I sleep
Under the same stars where you lay
Drawing comfort in the knowledge
That there is You in my universe
And no matter where we are
The heart knows its one True North
Hold fast, stay the course
Someday soon we shall find Us.







TOMORROW

Toil Today by Paul Hilario
And I look forward
To the promise of tomorrow
When I shall bsk
In the Sun's glorious warmth ---
Feel its glow
Coursing through my being;
Feel it breathe life
To my poor soul;
Feel it strengthen my spirit
Infuse it with courage;
I look forward
To the promise of tomorrow
When everything is once more new
And so am I.

No comments: