Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Poetic Dose: 62 to 65

#365daysofpoetry Days 62 to 65

Art by Ina "Inadoodles" Nolasco

i look at you with one eye open
the better to see with my mind
the YOU in all your flawed glory.

then i look at you with one eye closed
the better to see with my heart
the magic only YOU can bring into my life.














Sleep, hold me fast
in your firm grasp
shut my mind's eye
give my soul quiet at last
that in the silent black
clarity descends, true sight unlocks
the vision in my heart long cast
today the future shall come to pass.

Art by:  Ina "Inadoodles" Nolasco

Head clear
Spirit strong
Resolute
Heart true
I am warrior
I am Woman!




Art by Jef Cablog

Gasping for air
I feel myself panicking
Breathe!
Just breathe!
Tired of treading water
Barely keeping my head afloat
I decide
I am ready to give up
With one final big breath
I close my eyes
I stop treading water
And surrender
Calm washes over me
My body floating effortlessly
The water rocking me 
I feel myself growing drowsy
Then, with a jolt,
I feel something brush against my hand
And then I feel its hugeness under me
Land!






No comments: