Search This Blog

Sunday, September 06, 2015

33 Days to Morning Glory - Day 1

It gives me warm fuzzies thinking that Mama Mary made special arrangements for the start of my 33-day DIY retreat, kicking it off with a beautiful First Friday Mass.

The following points from the priest's homily struck me :
  • A lot of people don't go to Mass, because they think that they don't get anything out of it.  In order to get something from it, one should bring something to the Mass.
  • Bring the desire and the decision to change and the grace to follow through will be given to you.
  • From the Gospel:  Rather, new wine must be poured into fresh wineskins. And no one who has been drinking old wine desires new, for he says. "The old is good."
  • For something new / change to happen, one needs a new heart that is open to new things.
It's amazing how the priest's homily tied in with the insights I captured from the 1st day's readings:
  • "Desire and generosity are key ingredients to making a successful retreat."
  • "May Mary intercede for us and may the Holy Spirit fill us with a passion to conscientiously make these of retreat, despite any fatigue, distraction or obstacles."
With everything that is going on in my life right now, I hope and pray that I will be able to keep to the commitment and set aside time everyday for the short reflection. 

Communion song was also perfect - Stella Maris.  I felt immensely blessed, especially since the past couple of weeks felt like a rollercoaster ride.

No comments: