Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Bigger Bear Series: Stuck!

Yesterday (Tuesday), I woke up realizing that my leaking-faucet nose from Monday had graduated to something asthma-ish.  Groaning inwardly, I conceded to my body's demand for rest (and here I am still typing away at 3 am, just barely recovered - but that's another issue) - and sank back in bed.  I thought miserably, "I'm going to be stuck at home for the day, while my emails pile up again!".

Later that evening, while I was typing away on my laptop (yes, the few hours of bedrest helped and I got to work in the late afternoon), I got a number of messages from family and friends that they were stuck in traffic on their way home to South from the CBD.  Apparently, last night's traffic was not like any ordinary day's traffic.  This was traffic-on-drugs as the massive monsoon rains during the day resulted to flashfloods, clogging up a couple of major highways.

At that point, I thanked the virus culprit.  Better stuck at home in bed, filled; than stuck on the road, hungry!

No comments: