Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

Bigger Bear Series: QT with A

There are days when everything that can go wrong, does go wrong.  Monday was one of them.


  1. A and I had a Kidzania event with the rest of the CFA South peeps.  By the time we got there (well before the door opens at 9 am), tickets had been sold out.  Apparently, there were field trips and birthday parties scheduled.
  2. Plan B then. Let's go to Mind Museum.  It's closed on Mondays.
At the parking area near Mind Museum, I tell A to leave his bag since it might be heavy carrying it around the museum. 

A:  I want to bring it, Mom, so I can study, in case we go to a Cafe.

And, since the museum was closed, we stayed at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, where I got to prepare for an update as he studied.  Then we had a long leisurely lunch highlighted with pleasant conversation on various topics. We were both disappointed and frustrated, but we made the most out of the situation and ended up truly enjoying each other's company minus the daily stresses. 

The day was jampacked with meetings - scheduled and ambushed. I hardly had time for him, only managing quick hugs in-between meetings and a decent hour for dinner at Deli 24.  Through it all, he did not complain nor trouble other folks.  In fact, a friend went out of his way to tell me that A was particularly good that day!

Things certainly didn't go as I had planned and the day turned out bleak, at best.  But it was a very good opportunity for me to see my son's mature side.  At the end of the day, we felt much closer, basking in the quiet manifestation of our love for each other - each one wanting to make the other feel better despite our shared frustrations.

No comments: