Search This Blog

Monday, September 28, 2015

Reflection on Readings: No Escape

From today's 1st Reading:  Numbers 11:25-29
"Now two men, one named Eldad and the other Medad, were not in the gathering but had been left in the camp. They too had been on the list, but had not gone out to the tent; yet the spirit came to rest on them also, and they prophesied in the camp."

This passage tells me two things:
  1. "Where can I run from your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your Presence?" (Psalm 139:7).  There is no escape.  No matter where we hide, God will find us.  Remember Jonah and the whale?
  2. God's Will will be done.  No matter how unlikely the circumstance may be; or how impossible the situation seems to be, if it is God's will, it will happen. Think about David, taking down Goliath with a slingshot and a stone.
Knowing this and understanding its full implication is bittersweet ... because, while it gives me comfort that God's beautiful plans for my life will happen in spite of all the wrong turns I've made, it also means that, no matter how hard (fine.  stubbornly!) or creatively I push for what I want,  if it is not God's will, it will not happen.

And I need to let it go.  The sooner I am able to let it go, the sooner is my spirit open to receiving the bigger bear He has in store for me and can't wait to give me.

No comments: