Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2015

33 Days to Morning Glory: Day 12

I discovered reading in grade school.  I devoured everything I could get my hands on, including stories about saints.  One of them was St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

When she was a child, she told her father that her name was written in the stars.  As a nun, she was vocal about wanting to be a saint:  "God would never inspire me with desires which cannot be realized, so in spite of my littleness, I can hope to be a saint."  I thought, then, there is nothing wrong with hoping.  "Shoot for the moon ... and you'll land among the stars." (Of course, we know that stars are farther than the moon, but that's beside the point).

Then I grew up ... and the hope gave way to "what is practical".

BUT, I realized, that, of course, it is God's will for each of us to be saints.  Duh! It is, therefore, not an impossibly ambitious dream, but a totally achievable one!  And Kolbe provides us with a simple formula to achieve just that:  W + w = Sanctity.  Where:  W = God's Will and w = our wills. This means that when our wills align with God's will, we reach sanctity.

Said differently, it is God's Will for us to be saints.  We should, therefore, will ourselves to be saints. (Hehehe!)

Otherwise, it's going to feel like swimming against the current.  Might as well kick back and let the current take you where it wills.

"As God wills, so be it.  In this thought, all happiness is contained, already here on earth, all destiny fulfilled ..."

Easier said than done ... especially when God's will seem to be pushing you towards undesirable channels ... or waterfalls.  Nope.  Not easy.

... Unless we plug ourselves onto the one person who is completely linked to God's will, Mama Mary.  Did I mention that she is also the number one pusher and dealer of God's graces, having unlimited access to them?  Who else should you go to, right?

"To be one in will with Mary of the great fiat, the only human being whose will has never deviated by her choice from God's, is to be perfectly united to the will of God.  And it is this alignment of your will with his that is the pressing business of your life."


No comments: