Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Bigger Bear Series: Apr 12


Last week, I felt I needed a massage ... so I called for one.  The spa said they'd send one over in an hour.  They called back 30 minutes later.  The masseuse assigned to me requested to clock off early, tired from a long day of helping other people relax.

I tried again a couple of days later.  I really needed one.  They were fully-booked for the night.  Whut?!?! 

Breathe.  "God", I began to say in my head, "I could really use a massage now ... to relax my mind and spirit ... Why?"

A couple of days ago, my high-school bestfriend texted that she was coming to visit.  We booked our calendars to spend the afternoon together.  Over coffee, we had a grand idea ... yes ... a massage!  At our favorite spa - Mandarine Spa in Westgate.  Normally, it would be fully-booked after lunch on a Saturday, but, guess what ... they have a private room for us!

More than the blissful massage He arranged, God gave me my much-needed relaxation of the spirit ... by sending me my no-judgement-spill-my-gut-out sounding board.  Spending time with her, talking and not talking, just basking in the security of her quiet love, truly revived my spirits.

Definitely, the Bigger Bear more than compensated for the two failed home-massage attempts.

I love you, Ate Tina!

No comments: