Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Feb 28



"If only you could see yourself the way that I do,
And know yourself the way I know you
Then you'd love yourself
As somebody who is wonderfully made."
(Wonderfully Made by Paulo Tirol)

"If you could love yourself the way I love you there will be no dislocation --- you will be whole." (Sabine, Sabine's Notebook)

"I am only human". How many times have we used this line as an excuse for our mistakes? Yes, we are human. But we are also God's children. We have what it takes to be like our Father, perfect. Afterall, we are "made in His image and likeness". Of course, it's hard ... but once we recognize ourselves as that and see ourselves as God does, anything is possible. We just have to plug our lives into God's will to hear His love song for us, let ourselves go and dance to its rhythm. Surrender.

"I think I'll follow the voice that calls within
Dance to the silent song it sings
I hope to find my place
So my life can fall in place
I know in time I'll find my place
In the greater scheme of things."
(Pilgrim's Theme, Bukas Palad)

From Saturday's 1st Reading - Deuteronomy 26:16-19:
"Be careful, then, to observe them with all your heart and with all your soul ...
And today the Lord is making this agreement with you: you are to be a people peculiarly His own, as He promised; and provided you keep all His commandments, He will then raise you high in praise and renown and glory above all other nations He has made, and you will be a people sacred to the Lord, your God, as He promised."


From the Gospel - Matthew 5:43-48:
"But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for He makes His sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust ...
So be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect."

No comments: