Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Mar 7



What are the odds that the Gospel reading right after my impatient outburst was about reconciliation and conversion of the heart - the Prodigal Son? Come on, right? It's as if God knew ... well, of course, He knew/knows/will always know.
My favorite part of the parable was the fact, that the father saw his son from far off and ran to meet him. This implies three things: (1) the father had already forgiven his son; (2) he had been waiting for his son's return; (3) because he had faith that his son will realize his folly and come back to him. God is this way each time we fall into sin: forgiving, ready and waiting for us to come back. We just have to DECIDE to get up and go back to Him.
Boom! When A read this on our way to Tagaytay (because we had to runaway for a day and reconnect with each other, away from the hustle & bustle of our daily life), I felt like crying. He saw my reaction, reached over to hold my hand and said, "I love you, Mom."

From "Turn Back Around"
By: Lucy Schwartz
"Show me the world in the shape of your looking glass.
Beautifully bold when the colors unfold.
Yes it's easy to see but its harder to find.
And I'm thinking of you and it's clear in my mind.

So I turn, turn, turn, I turn back around.
I Turn, turn, turn, I turn back around,
And I'm eastern bound.
[towards the rising sun - new beginnings, new hope]

Almost let slip all these words at my finger tips.
Still unaware of the pen in my hand,
But I'm makin my way day by day comin back to you.
Here unafraid of the path that I choose."


From Saturday's Psalm 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12:
"He pardons all your iniquities, He heals all your ills. He redeems your life from destruction, He crowns you with kindness and compassion.
He will not always chide, nor does He keep His wrath forever ...
For as the heavens are high above the earth, so surpassing is His kindness toward those who fear Him. As far as the east is the west, so far has He put our transgressions from us."


From the Gospel Luke 15:1-3, 11-32:
"So he got up and went back to his father. While he was still a long way of, his father caught sight of him, and was filled with compassion. He ran to his son, embraced him and kissed him."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3JyqzPQHtA

No comments: