Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Feb 24



"Trust your heart, and trust your story." (Instructions, Neil Gaiman)

Yesterday's readings are all about TRUST. Trust that God will follow through on His promises.
Trust your heart because God is there. "I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." (Hebrews 8:10).
Trust your story because He wrote you an awesome one. Just because one chapter seems to be an epic fail does not mean it's how the story ends. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11).

The Our Father is the ultimate prayer of Trust.
"Thy will be done" - even though I do not fully understand, Thy will be done, because I trust the story You have written for me.
"Give us this day our daily bread" - not everything I need for the rest of my life and more, but just what I need for the day --- because I know, that if and when tomorrow comes, You will still be there and will provide.
"Forgive us our trespasses" - no matter how grave my sins are, no matter how many times I've committed them --- because I trust in Your endless mercy and love.
"as we forgive those who trespass against us" - because, regardless how unforgivable the offense may be, I trust that it serves a purpose.
"lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil" --- because You are bigger than any problem or calamity; because every "bad" thing You allow to happen in my life is really a blessing in disguise and You will take me through it.

From 1st Reading - Isaiah 55:10-11:
"... My Word ... shall not return to Me void, but shall do My Will, achieving the end for which I sent it."


From Gospel - Matthew 6:7-15:
"Your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."

No comments: