Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Apr 3



For so many years I had struggled with 3 important lessons: (1) patience; (2) trust; and (3) obedience. It wasn't a book-worthy / movie-worthy kind of struggle, but it was long-drawn and frustrating. And I haven't completely learned the lessons yet, mind you ... but I'm getting there ... I think!

My learning the lessons was hinged on two things: (1) letting go of or "forgetting" about my plans; and (2) recognizing my littleness and relying on God. It was only in these past couple of years, when I've let go of the reins and proactively consulted with Him every step of the way, that things started clicking into place. They're not all in place yet, but I can feel Him moving the puzzle pieces. When I find myself in a bit of a hiccup, I raise my hand and say, "I need a little help (or guidance) here!" And help comes. No fail.

From Good Friday's 2nd Reading - Hebrews 4:14-16; 5:7-9
"So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help ...
Son though He was, He learned obedience from what He suffered; and when He was made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him."

No comments: