Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Mar 27



"I chose to stay with him for all the things he's done right; not the one thing he's done wrong. I chose to forgive him." (Rita Thornton, The Vow)

Priests, religious and lay missionaries are always under the close scrutiny of the public --- whether they are doing good (their motives may be questioned) or stumbling (they get judged for their weakness). While it is true that, by virtue of their roles, they need to meet higher standards; it is also true that they are just as human as we all are. They are as much works-in-progress as we are. Let us not focus on the few patches of dark clouds that we fail to see that it's still generally bright out.

From the Gospel - John 10:31-42 :
"If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me; but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

No comments: