Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Mar 20



A: "Mom, Manang forgot to iron my Moving Up clothes."
M: "I'll iron them."

He looks at me, surprised. (I don't think he remembers seeing me iron clothes before). But he took my word for it and slept. This kind of faith, which does not need any proof, comes naturally because he knows me very well: (1) that I deliver against my commitments; and (2) he'd hear an earful if he nags me one more time while I'm busy (hehehe). When he woke up (REALLY early), he went straight to the bathroom. He knew his clothes would be waiting for him, hanging by the bathroom door. And they were there.
Knowing comes from a constant and steady relationship. But, in terms of our knowledge of God, it goes beyond just taking the time to get to know Him.

In the car on our way home tonight ...
A: "Mom, I wish I could remember when I was with God before I was born."

Knowledge of God and His will for us ... well ... it's not something new or something that we need to start building from scratch. It is buried memory that we need to access and bring to the surface. We know Him ... because we come from Him and He has put everything in our hearts before we were born.

From today's Gospel - John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30
"I know Him, because I am from Him, and He sent me."

No comments: