Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Apr 1



Would you walk bravely to the stake and burn for your principles with your head held high? We don't have physical stakes anymore, but its present-day counterpart - social media - burns just as much.
Some days ago I shared about a few famous female TV personalities, who received much criticism (loud and public) and praise (quiet or secret) for their decision to remain untouched until marriage. One of them broke up with her then boyfriend. She had to deal with the social media torture --- on top of the heartbreak. Yet she stood firm by her principles and values.She remained faithful to God and, although there was burning-at-the-stake, He did not forsake her. She stands at the threshold of her "resurrection", having found (or rediscovered) the more suitable partner, who loves, respects and honors her. Less than a year into the relationship, they are now engaged to get married early next year. Boom!

From Holy Wednesday's 1st Reading - Isaiah 50:4-9
"The Lord God has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning He opens my ears that I may hear; and I have not rebelled, have not turned back ...
The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame."


And, as we officially begin the more somber days of Holy Week ...
"See, you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts REVIVE!" (From today's Psalm 69:8-10, 21-22, 31, 33-34)

No comments: