Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Mar 31



We are God's Secret Weapon ... and He planned it from the very beginning!
(repeat to self as needed)

Living life as a true witness to the Gospel may seem like such a "thankless job". We throw in our small acts of kindness in a seemingly unyielding and apathetic ocean with the hope that the ripples we make yield a tidal wave. We sit, waiting for the tidal wave, that may never come, yet fail to realize that: (1) sometimes the tidal wave hits distant shores, far beyond the horizon; (2) the chance to do good, the grace that enables it and the one soul whose life is changed by it ---- are hidden but wonderful (defined as: inspiring awe) 'rewards'.

From Today's (Holy Tuesday's) 1st Reading - Isaiah 49:1-6
(Just have to say, that this is one of my favorite readings)

"The Lord called me from birth, from my mother's womb He gave me my name. He made me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of His arm. He made me a polished arrow, in His quiver He hid me. You are my servant, He said to me, Israel, through whom I show my glory. Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, yet my reward is with the Lord, my recompense is with my God ...
And I am made glorious in the sight of the Lord, and my God is now my strength! ...
I will make you a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth."

No comments: