Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Lenten Series: Mar 16



A: "I know what will make you feel better, Mom. Listen to this. I really like it."

And then "I Can Only Imagine" started playing. I had not heard the song in a long time and it struck me that he should play it when I needed it the most. You see, I had always taken this song as a reminder that God has written an awesome story for me; that He will grant me my heart's deepest desires and dreams at the right time; and that, when He does, it will be beyond my expectations and wildest imagination; that "I can only imagine" how I would feel once His "bigger bear" surprise starts unfolding. Would I dance, sing or simply cry tears of joy? I'd probably cry ...

From 1st Reading - Isaiah 65:17-21:
"Thus says the Lord: Lo, I am about to create new heavens and a new earth; the things of the past shall not be remembered or come to mind. Instead, there shall always be rejoicing and happiness in what I create; for I create Jerusalem to be a joy and its people to be a delight; I will rejoice in Jerusalem and exult in my people."


From Psalm 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-13
"You changed my mourning into dancing."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPGRdbGHSs

No comments: